Seeking a Solicitor
Do you have a passion for Aboriginal Law?
Woodward & Company Lawyers LLP is seeking a solicitor to practice in Victoria, British Columbia1. Work with one of Canada’s largest, busiest, and most established Aboriginal Law firms. Our firm practices Aboriginal Law and represents Indigenous governments and organizations.
Please consult our website for an overview of our areas of practice: woodwardandcompany.com
Minimum 5-year call with experience in any of the following areas, we invite you to apply:
- Commercial development and leasing on and off reserve land.
- Land Code implementation and legislative, bylaw and policy drafting.
- Election and Membership Code implementation and drafting.
- Indigenous taxation matters.
- Trusts, including settlement, business, land, and First Nation community trusts.
- Corporate/commercial, including secured transactions.
Demonstrates the following:
- A genuine interest in developing a practice to serve Indigenous interests.
- Experience in: Indigenous, Corporate/Commercial, Contract, Constitutional, and/or Administrative Law.
- Good standing membership with one or more Canadian Law Societies.
- Excellent technical/legal writing skills.
- Ability to explains complex legal concepts and procedural information across disciplines and cultures well.
- Self-motivated and confident.
- A strong team player with organizational and time management skills to balance work independently, within interdisciplinary teams, or while providing mentorship to students and junior associates.
- Willingness to participate in cultural and professional events (internal/external – including speaking engagements) and our ongoing commitment to Indigenous social and legal justice
- Willingness to travel and cultivate relationships with current and future clients.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits commence with secured enrollment (Extended Health/Vision/Dental/Health & Wellness).
- Employer RSP contribution.
- Employer paid Law Society and CBA fees.
- Professional Development Benefit.
How to Apply
Please forward the following (in PDF format only) to: email@example.com
- Cover letter and Résumé.
- Two letters of reference.
- Writing sample (excerpt please).
Closing Date: July 30, 2021