Legal and Compliance Department
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of the email.
This competition may be used to establish a 12 month eligibility list of qualified candidates for future vacancies.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Resource and Resolution Advisor is a point of contact for education, processes and all reports of concerns and complaints related to bullying, discrimination and harassment, and sexual violence in all its forms for all members of the Red River College Polytechnic Community. The Advisor provides information and support including available options and resources so the concerned party (complainant or survivor) can make informed decisions about how to proceed. Leads the process for intake, assessment, investigation and resolution processes related to bullying, discrimination and harassment. The Advisor provides intake, assistance and support to students, faculty, and/or staff affected by sexual violence or other human rights issues including resource recommendations and making appropriate referrals as well as investigation and resolution as appropriate. The Advisor supports General Counsel in providing legal advice to the College in all areas related to human rights. The Advisor will provide legal advice in other related areas of law.
- University degree in Law (LLB, JD)
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Manitoba
- Extensive experience leading and conducting high-level neutral investigations, including knowledge of procedural fairness, record keeping, risk assessment and report writing and making findings of fact
- Experience in case management, including intake, assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, follow-up and closure
- Experience in research, and the creation of best practice processes and policies
- Experience developing and delivering training programs
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, including the Manitoba Human Rights Code, The Workplace Safety and Health Act and The Personal Investigations Act
- Understanding of bullying, discrimination and harassment, sexual violence including relevant laws, impacts, and best practices
- Understanding of the principles of accommodation under relevant legislation and experience providing legal advice related to accommodation issues
- Exceptional communication skills, including verbal, written and listening skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to build trusting relationships and engage various stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Experience working with Indigenous people or a demonstrated understanding of Indigenous cultures
- Experience facilitating mediation process
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
- Incumbent must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check
RRC Polytech requires that staff, students, and faculty either be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption to be able to attend any campus. For further information please review the COVID-19 policy.
February 11, 2022
$66,952 – $87,057 per annum
Notre Dame Campus (Winnipeg, MB)
Full-Time Position Available
APPLY BY EMAIL TO
Red River College Polytechnic is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career.
At RRC Polytech we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, where all employees and students feel valued, respected, and supported. The College seeks to increase diversity among its community members and welcomes applications from women, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Red River College Polytechnic is committed to providing accessible employment, and ensuring that our recruitment, assessment, and selection process is barrier free. If a candidate requires accommodation during the hiring process, Human Resources Services will work with the individual to meet their needs. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information and other employment opportunities, visit rrc.ca/hr