The Legal Services Board of Nunavut is looking to hire criminal and family lawyers to work out of its clinics in Rankin Inlet and Cambridge Bay. If you have a love of litigation, excellent client service skills, and a commitment to systemic and Inuit-focused advocacy, then we want to talk to you.
The Nunavut Legal Services Board – the territorial legal aid provider in Canada’s largest and most northern territory – provides legal representation to people in a range of administrative, employment, housing and civil law matters through a mixed model using both staff and private counsel. With approximately 70 staff including 25 lawyers, the LSB is committed to providing excellent and culturally competent client service in remote communities across Nunavut. The LSB is committed to integrating Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit principles in its legal work, its client service and within its own operation and administration.
- A Family law position for a lawyer with 3-5 years’ experience is currently available in Iqaluit, Rankin Inlet or Cambridge Bay.
- Criminal law positions for lawyers with 3-5+ years of experience are available in Rankin Inlet and Cambridge Bay.
The LSB offers a very competitive compensation package including a salary based on year of call, northern and housing allowances totalling approximately $25 000, a vacation allowance, professional development allowance, medical and dental benefits, and a generous RRSP contribution.
- 1st year of call: $90, 000 + allowances and benefits
- 5th year of call: $110, 000 + allowances and benefits
- 10th year of call: $135, 000 + allowances and benefits
Please submit a cover letter and copy of your C.V. to HRemail@example.com