1. To recognize and respect the spiritual basis of our Indigenous laws, customs and traditions.
2. To promote the advancement of legal and social justice for Indigenous peoples in Canada.
3. To promote the reform of policies and laws affecting Indigenous peoples in Canada.
4. To foster public awareness within the legal community, the Indigenous community and the general public in respect of legal and social issues of concern to Indigenous peoples in Canada.
5. In pursuance of the foregoing objects, to provide a forum and network amongst Indigenous lawyers: to provide for their continuing education in respect of developments in Indigenous law; to exchange information and experiences with respect to the application of Indigenous law; and to discuss Indigenous legal issues.
6. To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.